Travel in Telluride can be as lavish or as frugal as you want – several agencies offer taxi and limousine services to accompany the free public transportation options.
- Several agencies offer taxi in limousine services in Telluride,
- During the summer, several outfitters offer four-wheel tours of mountain passes and old mining roads.
- There is also a free bus service and gondola.
There are a couple shuttle services in Telluride. There is also a limo service if you’re looking to travel in style. During the summer, several outfitter operate four-wheel tours of mountain passes and old mining roads.
Public Bus System - Galloping Goose
Named after a 1930’s Telluride railcar, the Galloping Goose is now a free bus service with stops every few blocks in town.
During the busy winter and summer seasons, the bus runs every 15 minutes from 7 a.m. to midnight. Stops are found every couple blocks along Colorado Avenue and Pine Street, near the gondola, and at the Shandoka Apartments at the southwest side of town. Can’t find a stop? Don’t be shy to give the bus a wave, the drivers are usually willing to stop. Buses also run from the court house to Lawson Hill and Norwood more infrequently, check the local schedule or ask a driver.
- The buses are equipped with ski racks in the winter and stop adjacent to the two ski area bases.
- The Telluride Galloping Goose is a free service.
- Download Bus Schedule or Call 970-728-5700 for assistance.
The gondola connecting Telluride to Mountain Village is the first and only free public transportation system of its kind in the United States. The gondola runs 7 a.m. to midnight everyday during the winter and summer seasons. It is closed for maintenance from early April until mid-June, and again from late-September until late-November.
Share Your Thoughts
- Airports & Flights
- Airport Shuttles
- Car Rentals
- RV Rentals
- Taxis & Limos
- Public Transportation
- Bus Tours
- On the Way
Offering a variety of services - Door-to-door transportation, airport transfers, late night taxi, charter services, group and private tours, wedding transportation & more!